Welcome to Camping with ‘Harmony’
Tobermory’s smallest & most private Campground
‘The Ecological Jewel at the tip of the Bruce Peninsula’
Celebrating 35 years
RADIO FREE in Nature
OPEN MAY to OCTOBER
Book your site before March 31st via E-Transfer & we pay the HST
What is Harmony Acres?
Harmony Acres is a small family/friend run business and our great respect for Nature provides you with a beautiful hideaway in the heart of the forests. This is a space for all cultures, for their families, couples and small groups. You can immerse yourself in nature by hiking and bicycling (not road bikes) on our woodland trails; sitting by your campfire or star gazing on clear summer nights. Awaken to a morning choir of birds and end your day with a late evening chorus of frogs or the call of the whippoorwill.
Our campground is the perfect place for a peaceful quiet getaway, for those who want to be in a natural setting near the tip of the Bruce Peninsula and central to both National Parks.
Our sites, 35 in total, are spacious and well treed; each is surrounded by or under a canopy of a variety of different tree species. The selection of sites to choose from include hardwood forest sites where large oaks and maples provide high cover shade however are less private; to the soft woods that give you some sun and shade designed for small families or groups 4 – 6 people, to our evergreen sites that are visually secluded from one another, offering a view of the stars, created more for couples – 1 to 2 very small tents.
Pine camping cabins- rustically designed are like wooden tents. The cabins are excellent for both rain and sunshine and free you from the hassles of packing tents and air mattresses. Inside are 2 to 4 beds (bunk style) with mattresses, therefore personal linens are still required. There is no electricity or water in the cabins, so please bring your own lanterns and flashlights. It is a very short distance to walk to the potable water taps, shower-house and washroom facilities. Cooking is over a campfire.
- Full functioning shower-house, washrooms with flush toilets, hand held bidet sprayers in main showerhouse area, foot washing station
- Dishwashing stations – it is important to keep food wastes out of your site
- Recycling & garbage depot; weekends we pick up trash each evening from your site
- Each site has its own fire pit, picnic table and parking for one vehicle
- Parking area nearby is free of charge for additional vehicles
- Area provided to drop off your boats and or trailers
- Beautiful forest trails
- Fire wood - we sell wood on site complete with starters
- Clothes lines provided for drying scuba diving gear
- Area for Star gazing
- Over the past few years we have had the pleasure of many international Asian guests who come to experience camping in a natural environment unfortunately without the gear. We are now providing a camping kit including tent and sleeping bags, cookware, for up to 4 people per site.
- Camping Cabins can also be set up with blankets, a towel and small lantern.
*** Damage deposit is required.
- Campfires only: Many guests staying in the local motel have come to experience campfires only. They wish to have the experience of cooking and campfire camaraderie with their family. Often this is due to elders in their groups who are not able to camp.
- The Municipality of the Northern Bruce Peninsula is working diligently towards becoming plastic bottle free. We have placed bidet sprayers in our main washroom facility. For those that required wudhu/ablution, foot/arm washing station has been provided...in the natural setting of course.
The Environment & Us
We are proud to say that we are an ecological friendly campground and use only products that are healthy for humans, animals and the environment. We ask that you do not spray your campsites with toxic pesticides to kill the insects that live here naturally. (see Rules and regulations)
Plastic Water Bottles: Please bring appropriate water bottles/ containers that can be filled on site. Our drinking water meets the requirements of the Ontario Public Health Board. It is very high in several minerals and has a PH of 7.2 on average. The list of minerals and metals is posted at the office and at the shower house.
Harmony Acres is a 100 acre parcel of land of which only 15 acres is developed. It is one of the last and largest stands of hardwoods, especially oaks but including beech and maple trees on the upper end of the Bruce Peninsula. This forest connects to another 3500 acres of private land and joins into the National Park land system. Due to many foreign species of beetles and blights destroying Ontario forests we ask that you DO NOT bring any wood from areas outside of the Bruce Peninsula.
Do not bring any construction or pallet lumber for your campfires.
Please buy local wood.
Help Us protect that which is precious for You to enjoy.
Don’t be the cause of the End! BE proactive!
Enjoying the Area
Indian Head Cove, Bruce National Park
We are about a 5 to 15 minute drive from the following:
- National Park, Cyprus Lake ('the Grotto') - we are the next campground north - 4 km from the Park entrance.
- Bruce Trail access points: Cyprus Lake Road, Emmett Lake Road, Little Cove Road, Bruce National Park Visitor’s Center, Town of Tobermory
- Sand Beaches: Dorcas Bay/Singing Sands – 2km south
- Rock bouldering: Emmett Lake Road/Half Way Log Dump
- Cameron Lake: 2km south – inland lake boat rentals for Fishing - pickerel, bass, perch
- Ecology Trails: Dorcas Bay/ Singing Sands, Dyers Bay corner
- Lighthouses: Tobermory /Big Tub Light, Cabot Head (Dyers Bay Tobermory Town Centre (6km north on Hwy 6 from the campground)
- Canoeing/kayaking rentals available in the harbor
- Kayak/ Paddle board rentals over shipwrecks – Big Tub Harbour Resort
- Art galleries, souvenir shops, restaurants, cafes and bars
- Ferry boats to Flowerpot Island and shoreline tours – return bus pick up can be arranged from the campground to the boats in the harbour
- Foodland grocery store, liquor/beer store, post office
- Scuba diving Shops and Charters, Snorkelling, Learn to Scuba Dive Lessons
At the Campground:
- Trail systems – 15 min, 20 min and 30 min walking trails
- Access to the Bruce Trail – Driftwood Cove junction - approximately 1.5 hours for those continuing to hike on the Bruce trail to their next destination.
- NEW: Private access to Georgian Bay Shoreline – Dufferin Point – 2.5 hour return hike; views from the overhanging cliffs of Driftwood cove to the south east and joining into the Bruce Trail that hikes north west to Little Cove. This is for the avid hiker and available to Harmony Acres campers ONLY.
- Self guided Forest and Birding Tours
- Local Guides can be prearranged for larger groups of families and friends.
- Volley ball area /Frisbee area/ Horse shoe pits/ Star gazing area
- Horses and stables are personal use only. Some horses are aging Rescues. Please respect their space. The ‘Coop’ is Heritage breeds of farm animals.
- *** Other activities: see ‘Lighten UP’ lecture series and programs
Harmony Acres Forest Trails